Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Stitch, A Brick

                         The design for these tissue box cover churches came from a needle worker by the name of Angie Arickx. What's cool about the design is that the steeple flips over so one can remove a tissue! I turned 4 of these into a $100 order and I must say that to do these churches was no simple task! It took me several months just to make the pieces AND overcast them. I think it's a miracle that I managed to sew them together in the course of 1 week while on winter break. I'm not proud of the dilemma I encountered toward my finishing the 4 churches which was that I sewed the first steeple on the wrong side! It scared me at first, but thankfully I was told that I could alternate and do the next one right and the one after that wrong and so on so it was as if the customer had a choice as to how they wanted it to go. I tshink that besides the 12 quilt houses, this was my most challenging order to date!

1 comment:

  1. Zoe, these churches are exquisite!! You do such
    beautiful work. I am sooo proud of you!!
    Big Mama

    ReplyDelete

Comments