Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Cottage For My Sniffles 🏠

             When I decided to make this tissue box cover, designed by needlepoint contest favorite, Angela K. Arickx, it was purely out of an admiration for the unique pattern. I have come across many "cottage house" needlepoint on plastic canvas patterns, but somehow this one has a spectacular realism to it. I am also very much a sucker for tissue that looks like smoke coming from a chimney!
             I did not have a recipient in mind for this needlepoint project, and I still don't. I love to come home and see this little house; it reminds that beautiful things like this can be created in any quiet corner of the world.
          I think that the hardest part of this project was putting the smaller roofs (gables) on the top. I know from my experience of making tiny houses that you don't want those lopsided! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments