Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Pink-Colored Book

        
   This past February, I got really into bookmaking. What I mean is that I was really into physically creating my own books, cover to cover. The inspiration for my first ever handmade book was my a phrase that my grandmother says a lot. She says "What you know good?" usually when talking on the phone to an old friend. I've only recently discovered how artistic her words can be. I worked hard to make the cover align with the front page; E.A.C.H. are my grandmother's initials. This photo is just one of many that has been taken of her through the years.
            I think my book came out pretty decent from what I wanted it to be. And by the way, a handmade book doesn't need the traits and features of the books we find in Barnes & Noble or other bookstores. This happens to be a book that folds out like an accordion, so it is called an accordion book in the bookmaking world. The book style came from the book "Making Handmade Books", by Alisa Golden. This book happens to be where I've gotten the majority of my used ideas.
             

1 comment:

Comments