Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dinner Table for Two






           I had brunch with a relative of mine and wanted to thank them for the experience with a lovely pop up card! I'm diving back into pop ups these days. The idea of this card is to imitate where we had our brunch - as if it was at a dinner table. So my relative sees a flat white card, opens it up, and sees a 3-D table and two furnished chairs...made out of paper, of course. This is one of my favorite pieces because it can become so many things with a creative mind. Notice the plate and silverware that I drew on the table. I would not have this idea were it not for a pop up class I recently took taught by book artist and author, Carol Barton. She also taught me the magical power of glue sticks; a tool I used to think was better left to elementary school art classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments