Sunday, March 12, 2017

¡Viva La Babadook!

This post is dedicated to an amazing horror movie that came out in 2014, called "The Babadook". I love horror movies, so I was very excited to view this one. Little did I know, I was in for a pleasant surprise when I watched "The Babadook", because the movie uses an original pop up book as a prop! Apparently this movie had such a following that the creators of the pop up book used in this movie launched identical replicas of it, and sold them. My wonderful aunt, Kyra Hicks, surprised me with one for Christmas 2016. This was no cheap book, mind you - my aunt managed to buy it on eBay for a bit over $300. I'm sure it sells other places for much more, especially since there were only 2,000 copies made! To add to this story, I took the initiative of emailing the actual paper engineer who designed this book for the movie. His name is Alex Juhasz, and he gave me some pretty special advice about my paper artistry, after viewing this blog. I'm still starstruck that he even responded, but I'm forever glad he did! ¡Viva La Babadook!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments