Friday, July 22, 2016

Luck Be An 80...

I always date my cards, so that the receiver will remember.






As you can see, I photo shopped myself into this wonderful picture!

I folded this envelope myself, from a large piece of decorative paper. 
              
               For my maternal grandmother's 80th birthday, I decided to hand make a unique card for her, that chronicles her life over the past 80 years. I wanted very much to include my mild photo shop skills for it, so that's what I did. The cost of that, was that my grandmother did not receive her card for maybe a few weeks after her birthday. She thinks it was worth it. The way I wanted this card to be designed was as an accordion fold, so it's like more of a brochure, but still with a card feel. The inside of the card is a timeline with "the 3 super-duper cutest moments ever in [her] life that are photographically captured". Really these were just from the only photos I had at hand, but they are really good ones, in my opinion. The hardest part was the photo shop stuff. I edited all three of the photos so they were looking their best. This was necessary because the first two are older photos, and the last one was taken with a phone, so could be touched up a bit. Also, I photo shopped myself in the last photo to make it more special. This process took the most time, by far. By doing this, my grandmother is seen seated with her son, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter. Four generations; what a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments