Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The House that Zoe Built







       
             The buttons picture is the outside of this pop-up card that I created. For a while now, I've imagined one day making a pop-up card of my house. Or any house really. My opportunity knocked a few weeks ago, when our neighbors of almost ten years, moved away. They have a young daughter that wrote to us after the move, so I decided to write back in my most creative way. I honestly didn't think that I'd ever complete this card. I used my skills of Photoshop to edit a picture that I took of the front of the house, which was really shared with these neighbors. I think that this card's image is the epitome of a final goodbye between neighbors that shared a common wall. And of course, I had to add my cat, Basil. She really puts the cherry on the cupcake of this card. I know that if our neighbors miss anything about our house, it will be seeing Basil in the window. That's what I would miss.

4 comments:

Comments