Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Rose Lattice Blues 💙 💙 💙

         One of my clients came to me to request that I make a square tissue box cover for her friend's birthday. Her only request was that it be a square tissue box cover (rather than the rectangle one) and that it be as blue as possible, because her friend loves blue. So I got to work to find the perfect tissue box cover design that I had in my collection. I came across this design by the talented Nancy Marshall. This is not exactly how it appears in the pattern book, "101 Tissue Toppers in Plastic Canvas", but it appears that they don't make the same craft roses anymore. In the business of plastic canvas pattern books, many suggested materials are outdated. So I used what I could find, and I decided to make it a little different. I determined that having roses on ALL sides of the tissue box cover is too much. The roses and flowers are only on two sides of this tissue box cover, and on the top. I think that it's good to give people options, so when this friend displays the tissue box cover, she'll have a choice to show the roses or not -  she can just pick a side. I wanted to keep the symmetry of the original pattern, so I made the flowers into a circle that is even in terms of colors. I wasn't crazy about the yarn colors when I was making this, but many people seem to think it's beautiful, so I'll take it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments