Saturday, July 8, 2017

Tissue for Your Alligator Tears 🐊

Alligator in my backyard!



         I started this gorgeous tissue box cover about one year ago. It was designed by the amazing Joanne Wetzel. I had the idea in my head that I would finish it up in a few weeks at the most. But the responsibility of my college semesters proved more intense than I had planned for. So, my alligator tissue box cover project fell to the side. A year later, I found time to finally complete it, in the summer. I have never felt so happy to complete a project! In my past, I have left many needlepoint projects unfinished. This will never be on that list.
        I usually don't exert much effort when I choose a background for taking photographs of my art, but this seemed like an obvious exception to me. Behind where I live, there is a lot of grass. I decided to put all this land to good use and show where my alligator usually lurks. Needless to say, I got a few strange looks from my neighbors. Oh, well.



Close-up of the alligator tissue box cover.

Close-up of the alligator tissue box cover.

I just love that toothy smile!

How'd you like to find this guy in your living room??

The alligator tissue box cover serving as a nice windowsill companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments