Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Softest Fire Engine 🚒


              I had a plan to stitch together this fire engine tissue box cover a while ago, but just now had the opportunity to get to work. My friend's son was turning 2 years old, and I saw the opportunity to create the perfect birthday gift for him. Usually toddlers are not my perfect clientele, but this boy loves fire trucks, and his momma can also use this as a tissue holder! I think that I turned a few heads at his birthday party, because I insisted that he open my gift while I was there. I can be an attention hog at times! This is something that I hope he can appreciate when he is older, and might even remember me for making it. This lovely design is from the fantastic Christina Laws.







Close-up of fire engine.

Close-up of fire engine.


                 I'm serious about the presentation of my art, so I did not want to give the fire engine gift in, like, a plastic bag. I decided to turn an empty shoe box into a cloth tissue box holder holder. Yes, you read that right. I used fabric that I had lying around the house to cover every exposed inch of the box and cover. A problem was that the head lights on the fire engine were sticking too far up. So, I cut a hole where the lights go, and just covered cloth where the hole was. I think that was a bit ingenious of me - maybe, maybe not.


The underside of the cover.



My littlest client!

        His mother took the initiative to send me a picture of her son with his brand new fire engine! I'm so proud of him for loving what I created. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments