Monday, January 7, 2019

A Most Beautiful 💍 Jewelry Cabinet












              I had admired the pattern for this jewelry cabinet online, for many moons. I love a good jewelry box and I find that it is hard to find one that fits all one's jewelry needs. I decided to make my own! Design credit for this beautiful pattern goes to Deborah Sauser.
           Stitching this jewelry cabinet was particularly challenging because the pattern was in a leaflet, which can be tough to follow. I love that this cabinet has necklace holders at the top - not easy stitch on, mind you!
          I had to purchase a mirror for the back wall. A mirror is a classic addition to any jewelry box. I decided to line the entire inner bottom of this cabinet because I wanted a more refined look. I had to individually fold and glue each piece of fabric. I only ended up mostly using the bottom drawer of this cabinet, but it kept me happy through my last two undergraduate college years!
        My favorite little aspect of this jewelry cabinet is that the mesh holes are very useful for hanging earrings, as you can see pictured above. This is just one more reason to love needlepoint on plastic canvas!
        The jewelry cabinet "glass" windows are a special kind of plastic. I just love the little details of the roses and the door knobs. And of course, what jewelry cabinet is complete without ring holders!

1 comment:

  1. Zoe, this is exquisite! The detail, the patience, the finished project!! Head-shaking. Mymymymy, as my friend, Mollie used to say.

    ReplyDelete

Comments