Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Cat Bed Container 🛏️








           Now you just may be thinking that I have now MADE my cat a bed to sleep in! This is not true; that's on my to-do list. This lovely needlepoint creation comes from a pattern book full of various cat-themed household containers. The designer to thank is Darla J. Fanton, with Jean Leinhauser producing the pattern book model. I absolutely love this one because it looks so much like an actual cat is sitting atop her bed.The pattern of hearts under the cat is meant to be a "blanket" for the cat bed. I find that too often the pattern for a cat's face looks a bit odd or creepy - not the case here! I recall the difficulty in constructing the "weaved" bed. I had to use actual raffia yarn to stitch onto the mesh. This was a daunting task because this particular yarn is quite rough on plastic mesh. But I made it to the end, and now my beautiful cat has somewhere to stash her treats! If she so desires. I lined the bottom of this box and was very happy too, if only to "disguise" how the raffia yarn warped the mesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments