Monday, January 7, 2019

~ Hotel Basil ~












            As a cat mommy, I will accomplish major feats just for my child. One of these happened to be stitching a chair for my cat, Basil. Basil is known to rest just about anywhere and on just about anything, so creating a soft, comfortable seat for her seemed like going above and beyond.
           One of my favorite needlepoint designs is the doll furniture. One of the needlepoint books I have on hand is a book for doll furniture, specially for large, foot tall dolls. I got this book with Basil in mind, though the pattern by itself is still too small for Basil's body. So I doubled the pattern dimensions exactly, down to the length of the stitches. The design credit for the original chair pattern is for Wanda Kenney - thank you!
            I love how variegated yarn comes out on mesh, so I purchased MANY this the same color. I stuffed my finished chair with quilt stuffing. In hindsight, I could have used a heavier quality stuffing for a quicker job. I ended up placing a towel on this chair so that Basil's hair does not get everywhere!
          What I love so much about this chair is that it is indeed realistic! The chair pillow is even removable, and I think this is a unique and personable look for my upstairs hallway. I thought it would be funny to place smaller furniture next to the chair while Basil is in it. It really is like she's got her own personal lobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments