Monday, January 7, 2019

Kitty Takes a Spa Day 🐱






          I have this gift of being able to create unique furniture with my hands. I don't know about you, but I know zero people who have SEWED a chair for their pet. Well, I know myself.
         Being the spoil-heavy cat mommy that I am, I decided to make my cat (Basil) a chaise lounge chair big enough for her to "lounge" in. I had done this before, with the green chair that you see above. I figured that this purple chair would be perfect for Basil to really display her stunning brown fur!
       The trick to making this is to order especially large mesh. I took the needlepoint pattern from a Barbie needlepoint book, and simply doubled the pattern size. The design credit for the original pattern goes to the very talented, Dick Martin. Everything had to be doubled, down to the length of the purple stitches, and the number of individual mesh holes. I, of course, had to also buy a bunch more identical purple yarn! The stuffing had to be crumpled, old towel pieces so that it could support her 9-pound body. i even doubled the size of the pillow that goes with this chair, and stuffed it with beautiful costume satin!
      In case you are wondering, Basil loves her purple lounge chair! My housemate and I have both caught her lounging in it when we are "out of sight". Even though she can really only lay on it a certain way, she just loves it. I did end up putting a towel on the top of this chair. Basil started to pick at the strings and was taking out the pattern! Even though it is her chair, mommy knows best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments